Comal County recognizes Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Month
Comal County kicks off Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Month, traditionally recognized in April, in a big way this year!
On Friday, April 1, at 2 p.m., various Comal County children's agencies will come together at Commissioner's Court for the following recognitions and celebrations:
· A Proclamation, representing the participating agencies, will be issued by Commissioner's Court declaring April as Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Month in Comal County,
· The Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Central Texas will hold a ribbon cutting for their new satellite office in Comal County (100 Main Plaza, Suite 110), and
· The operating protocols established for the newly established Children's Advocacy Center of Comal County (CACCC) will be signed by members of the agencies comprising the investigatory Multi Disciplinary Team (MDT).
The agencies represented on this eventful day will include the following:
· Proclamation: Comal County Child Welfare Board; CASA; Comal County District Attorney's Office; Comal County Crisis Center; Texas Department of Family and Protective Services; Comal County Sheriff's Office; New Braunfels, Garden Ridge, and Schertz Police Departments; Connections; Communities in Schools; St. Jude's Center for Young Children; Comal County Public Health; McKenna Memorial Hospital; and Children's Advocacy Center of Comal County;
· CACCC MDT Protocols signing: Comal County District Attorney's Office; New Braunfels Police Department; Bulverde Police Department; Comal County Sheriff's Department; TDFPS Child Protective Services; Comal County Sexual Assault Response Team; Comal County Crisis Center; Connections; Children's Advocacy Center of Comal County; Comal County Crisis Center; CASA of Central Texas;
· CASA Ribbon Cutting: CASA of Central Texas.
Members of the Comal County Child Welfare Board will also be on hand to kick off the Blue Ribbon Campaign, traditionally held during April, which recognizes the Blue Ribbon as a symbol of the trauma of child abuse awareness.
A brief reception following the festivities will be held in the lobby of Comal County Commissioner's Court.